Hello, ladies! Today I want to ask you only one question: are you unhappy with your hair?
Last week I told you about my Mom’s problem – hair loss http://livethenature.ae/en/blog/hair-loss-problem-and-solutions/.
This week I would like to share with you results of my extensive research dealing with my own problem - dry and lifeless hair.
I used to randomly try some hair shampoos and play around with some conditioners, but it didn’t do me any good. Then I understood that hair product commercials were projecting false images of how your hair would look like after you use them. Then I’ve made an extensive research, and tested successfully everything I am writing about. I really hope you all find this helpful, and that I would contribute a little bit more to managing your beautiful locks.
1. First of all, I can’t stress enough how important it is, but, please, treat your hair very gently when it's wet, because then it's at it most fragile condition.
Do NOT brush it or comb it vigorously when it's wet.
However these days I prefer to wash my hair in the evenings without blow drying and I definitely need to comb it before going sleep. To preserve my hair during this process I choose to use Argan Oil Plus+ Leave-In Conditioner from my favorite and affordable brand Andalou Naturals http://livethenature.ae/en/argan-oil-plus-leave-in-conditioner/. It saves my time and efforts because I don’t have to wash it away.
2. Brittle hair can be improved by avoiding the use of shampoos that contain alkaline or alcohol. So look through the ingredients of your shampoo before you buy it. Do a little research about what goes into the products you use. Educate yourself. Try and avoid products that contain sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, or SLS, propylene glycol, mineral oil.
All the shampoos from the great variety on http://livethenature.ae/en/hair-care/shampoo/ are natural and organic.
If you want to choose something not too costly but really working for dry hair go for Intensive Repair Shampoo by Green People.
The more expensive shampoo, which I recommend for dry hair is Rose Shampoo from The Organic Pharmacy. I can say that it’s worth every penny. They use highest quality organic ingredients and this is why I love this brand and spend money on buying its production.
3. Generally, bleaching, coloring, straightening, and perming cause dry hair. It's further aggravated by use of heat-intensive devices like blow dryers and curling irons.
If tiny sections of your hair's outer cell layer have been chipped or stripped away by harsh chemicals or intense heat, exposing the inner layers of the hair shaft, the hair loses moisture. Also, damaged and dry hair doesn't reflect light the way that healthy, smooth hair does, so dry hair looks dull and lifeless.
For dealing with dry hair issue I suggest to use Hair Care Oil Burdock Root from Biokosma. It is not cheap, but the good news that www.livethenature.ae has a sale for this product! Why me personally choosing it? Cause I am too lazy to use masks. I don’t have time and patience for them. This oil makes my hair so soft and shinny. It's a blessing! This is by far the best I have ever used.
I once had short, dry, overly dyed, and overly styled, broken, & lifeless hair. Am not even exaggerating here, but I have used this hair oil for a month every 2-3 days and my hair NEVER LOOKED ANY BETTER. You will not believe your eyes from the softness & the shine this gives to your hair. My hair looked so healthy and fluffy and manageable and everything I ever wanted my hair to be.
4. Moisturizing your hair is conditioning it. Using a conditioner containing moisturizing ingredients such as provitamin B5, panthenol, keratin, sea kelp and coconut oil can help reduce dryness and breakage in the hair shaft. Adding moisture back into the hair shaft is essential to maintaining the moisture and luster in the hair. Give your head some cold water before you get out of the shower so it closes the hair cuticles, & locks moisture and shine.
If you prefer traditional conditioner rather than leave-in that I’ve mentioned before I would recommend using either Quinoa & Artichoke or Intensive Repair Conditioner by Green People.
Remember, that it is always good to use products from the same range. When you use the same brand of shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, and serum, all together, this is best for your hair. These products are made to complement each other. They work best together. So if you are choosing The Organic Pharmacy Shampoo here is Rose Conditioner for you: http://livethenature.ae/en/rose-conditioner/.
I cannot describe enough how good it is. It smells like expensive perfumes, and the scent really lasts in your hair.
5. Do you know why I recommend so many different brands and treatments for hair? Because you always need to shift between products, after a while you hair actually builds resistance against the product used. They then don’t become effective on your hair the way they were before. Have you used a product for long that you have loved at first but then shifted to another because it is not that good to your hair anymore?? Well, that’s the reason why.
So, don’t hesitate, go for your healthy and shiny hair, try new products and follow my advises!